There has never been a better time to invest in the future of tourism by being a member of TIANS. A key role for TIANS is to advocate for a competitive and sustainable tourism industry so that all regions of
Service to our membership continues to be the first priority for TIANS. Our ability to improve the business environment and represent the overall interests of the tourism industry is possible because of our strong membership support. We would not be able to fulfill our role as the Voice of Tourism in
In the 2011/12 year, TIANS new membership growth increased 25% over the previous year. As our membership grew, we continued to build on current projects and undertake new initiatives that would increase communication and collect feedback from our stakeholders.
TIANS launched this new website designed to increase interaction with the industry. With a new brand, TIANS is pleased to include many new features to assist in showcasing the work TIANS is undertaking, continuing the important conversations with our members, and conveying industry initiatives.
In order to serve you better, we provide a number of initiatives in order to increase communication and collect feedback from TIANS members. We believe these programs will be another excellent opportunity to engage in talk about tourism. We encourage stakeholders and others to contribute to the conversations. These initiatives include:
- TIANS Facebook page
- The Voice of Tourism Membership Blog
- TIANS Twitter page
- Regional Tourism Meet & Greets
The Voice of Tourism Blog continues to provide commentary about issues, places, and events pertaining to TIANS and the Nova Scotia Tourism Industry at large. The personal perspective of the blog gives an opportunity to add another dimension to conversations about tourism as well as about who TIANS is and what we are about. Visit voiceoftourism.wordpress.com and join in the conversation, or contact us to become a TIANS guest blogger.
TIANS Regional Meet & Greets. TIANS regularly travels to each of the different regions in Nova Scotia to hear feedback of importance directly from the members. We invite all of the tourism industry stakeholders in the region to join us at a member property to indulge in some local refreshments in a casual atmosphere, while networking with community peers and learning more about TIANS and what we can do for your business. We hope to see you at these future events!
TIANS continually renews our commitment to ensuring a return on investment for our members through membership benefits. Evaluation of benefits from the membership showed there were specific needs to be met, and we are pleased to say we have worked hard top bring these to fruition. Membership costs can be recovered many times over by taking advantage of the benefits we offer. TIANS members and their employees can now take advantage of the following new exclusive benefits added in 2011/2012:
- An exclusive Adventure Tourism Insurance package through A.P. Reid
- Medical & Dental Benefits where pre-existing conditions are covered and no proof of medical is needed through Johnson Insurance
- Discounts on marketing your slice of heaven in Nova Scotia through Nova Scotia Webcams
- Financial incentives, technical assistance and financing to make it easy and affordable for businesses to improve energy-efficiency through Efficiency Nova Scotia
- Free consultations from law firm Cox & Palmer to assist with your business, labour, and succession needs
- TIANS preferred pricing from Swish Maintenance Ltd that is a full-line Janitorial and Sanitation Supply house stocking over 5,000 inventory line items giving you what you need for your business
- eTouchKioskNetwork Inc. - Offering an exciting marketing opportunity for the tourism industry in Nova Scotia trough a network of self-serve information touch screens.
If you have an idea for a new benefit, blog, outreach program, or ways in which we can serve you better, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!